Sunday, July 1, 2007

Tourney Results and the rest of the Weekend

Well.

Aus and I got T-3rd in the doubles tournament this weekend. It was somewhat bitburgersweet(reference to the beer that Aus brought), haha. I think for Aus and I, this is the highest doubles finish we have ever had. We played ok. Aus played like a champ. And we had a great shot at winning the whole thing, however, Aus cramped in the last match of pool play. So, even though he cramped, we still went on to beat this team that was vying for the playoffs, and then after that we beat a team in the playoffs. We beat that team and Aus didn't jump once, haha. That is pretty sad. Then we played Felix and Paul (total sandbaggers) in the semis, but they were just too much for us. To be honest, it would be a good match even if Aus was 100%, but I think we would have the slight edge.

It's weird because Aus and I used to play doubles tourneys back in the day at the BB level, and we used to get torn. I think the competition just got alot worse, because I am pretty sure we were better like 4 years ago. Plus, Aus was buzzed the whole tourney, haha, which might have contributed to his cramping. Eh, its possible. Either way, I had a blast. It's a ton of fun playing with Aus, and we did pretty well considering the circumstances.

I went to practice today mostly to see how my body would hold up after a full day of volleyball yesterday. I wanted to play a couple of games to replicate the 2nd or 3rd day of a tourney. I dont really know how much it is going to help me. I mean, I was pretty tired today, so I just sat around, haha, and watched the other guys do drills and play. I did get to fast against the rebels, and play 1 match in the right back. I also go some reps in a drill at middle back. Overall, I guess I did ok.

Anyways, Mini in 3 weeks. Pretty excited.

No comments: