Tuesday, July 24, 2007

NY mini

I know the big question is "Was this the best tournament ever?". The big answer is no, however, it was a pretty good tourney still. My team, the Alumni, did really well on the first day, however we did not do so well on the second day.

I wish I was able to contribute more to the team. For the most part, I just came in to serve for Austin in the right back. I think I did an OK job serving. Maybe if I work really hard over the next couple of weeks, I can get back into to form.

Congrats to our A team (MVP Sixpack A) as well as the DC Slackers for winning the tournament. The A team looked unstoppable at times. I think they have a good shot to make a run at the title this year. As I was watching them play, it really looked like they had a chip on their shoulder. They looked like they were there to prove something. I think they did do that by winning in such a dominating fashion. I mean, looking at the teams that they were playing against, it seemed as though they knew they were done. The other teams didnt have any fight in them, except for a few players here and there. Things are obviously going to be different as we go to the Defending Champions home city for the NACIVT for the second straight year. Hopefully we can stay healthy.

I think we should all take a couple of weeks off before coming back to train up for the nationals, but maybe we will just have lighter practices.

Anyways, thanks to the NY crew (Bert, Dlu, Rose, Sen) for hanging out and partying. It was good to see you guys.

OOPS: I totally botched the whole Defending champs city thing. We were in our town last year. My bad.

No comments: